Saturday, August 9, 2008

Weekend Musical!

Well, it's weekend and what else can you do to be entertained? Watch a movie!

I was finally able to watch Mama Mia! (here I go again...) makes me sing up to now, to be honest. I didn't know until now that the Abba songs were originally from this musical. As I was watching the movie, it made me appreciate the songs and their meaning. (Hahaha... I don't wanna talk... the winner takes it all...). Meryl Streep (as always) did a great job in this movie. Of the three suspected daddies of Donna's (Meryl Streep) daughter, who was getting married, of course Pierce Brosnan was the center interest. Well, forgive his horrendous singing, but he was effectively hilarious. Let's give him a break from his usual tough guy roles.

Im giving a thumbs up to this entertaining film and list it as one of your must-see films of the year! "...Chiquitita tell me what's wrong..."

Next, I was browsing the film list on my current favorite film website and this movie caught my attention, at first I thought it was an American film, and I was surprised it was an Indian film. This is the first Indian film I have ever watched in my whole life. Love story 2050, what can you expect from an Indian film - singing, dancing, and the whole movie package! It is indeed very entertaining (aside from the fact that it is a 3-hour film). The cinematography is really good and the musical score is great. Of course, Prinyanka Chopra (Miss World 2000 of India) was indeed stunning and yeah, she is an effective actress. Love it!

Another movie I saw this weekend was "Across the Universe". And damn, it is so good! The Beatles song is fantastic and making an intruiging story out of the songs is superb. The dancing and the singing was very well done. I especially loved the last song, "All You Need is Love", sung by Jude (gorgeous!). Great movie, great music, and great cast!

Happy Weekend!

0 Comments: